The holiday season means one thing here in the Southwest...tamales. Yes, I do make my own, but it's a giant pain in the butt, and probably better to be left to professionals or groups of dedicated people. Enter the Tucson Tamale Company. They hand make the BEST tamales I have ever eaten, and oh...their menu is gluten free, down to the sides and brownies. They also make killer salsa verde, which I am a huge fan of. And they mail order. I'd love to send tamales to everyone I know in New England!
So here is a link. Try not drool too much on your keyboard, and order the Vegan Blue Corn Calabacita tamales, and for the love of all that is right in the world, order some DOGMALES. Dogmales are gluten free Sonoran hot dogs. If you watched Man VS Food, Tucson, then you saw him go get a Sonoran hot dog. Your mouth watered as he bit into the soft bakery roll, stuffed with a bacon wrapped all beef hot dog, covered in green salsa, pinto beans, and condimentia...I know it did. I know mine did, just as I know I had 2 favorite street vendors for these delights until the sick years and becoming gluten free. Their Dogmales are all of the goodness, wrapped in masa, not bread! I know that this is the closest I will ever have to a Sonoran hot dog again and I am really ok with this. Yes, they are that good!
I'm not being paid to write this, but I would take a case of Dogmales if offered ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment