I'm not so sure if this is the best post, post Thanksgiving. I honestly apologize for using digestive upset words today, but this is the end of my epic journey I began in September, so I'm sharing.
Certified organic, non GMO corn, is safe. I repeat. Corn is safe. Can't believe it, but it is true. Gluten free oats, are NOT safe for me. Grass fed and finished beef, is safe. Yesterday I was planing on dairy in the form of whole milk organic plain yogurt. I was still processing the half of an English walnut pie I ate Thursday night, so I didn't think it was the best idea and put it off for tonight. This morning, I blindly poured cow milk into my coffee. It was a really, really bad mistake. Not just the lactose intolerance symptoms of gas, abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea, but vomiting. Milk, does NOT do this body good. It clearly makes me sick, so I'm not even testing it. This diet...is DONE.
The idea that the well informed natural foods cook, has been walking around so sick for so long and having no idea why, makes my head hurt and did make me cry a few times. I've been a buyer for natural food stores, cooked for numerous restaurants, for unique clients from all over the world, on a movie set, music festivals all over the country, metaphysical and nutritional retreats of all kinds, for huge busy families w/ mixed allergies and 3 main dish requests a night...and I had no idea I was partially so sick because of food. D'OH!
BAKER'S YEAST: severe abdominal bloating, pain, and general intestinal explosion
WINE YEAST: see above
WINE VINEGAR:see above
BREWER'S YEAST: see above
EGG WHITES: itchy mouth and face, chronic rash trigger
TOMATOES: major inflammation and migraine trigger, acne like rash on face, fatigue
SOME POTATOES: headaches, fatigue
PEACHES: itchy mouth and face, some burning where juice dripped on wrists
STRAWBERRIES: itchy, swollen lips and mouth
MANGO: raw cut feeling on roof of mouth, digestive discomfort
BANANA: see above, less acute if cooked.
PECANS: raw cut feeling on roof of mouth, digestive discomfort
MACADAMIA NUTS: see above
GF OATS: digestive discomfort, eliminations issues... just like gluten was in me
DAIRY: severe abdominal bloating, pain, vomiting, gas, and diarrhea
So many basic foods that I have to rewrite more than 2/3rd's of my cookbook, though I am leaving my now forbidden recipes here on my blog, for people who may not have as many restrictions and are just looking for plain old good gluten free food.
No comments:
Post a Comment