He and his (now) fiance, Kristen (also sweet and genuine), are setting off on a grand adventure. They converted a van into a livable space and they are blogging their way around the country for a year with their (yep, also sweet) dog, in search of all of the beauty and wonder in America. I had fun and was honored to make tortillas for their potluck Bon Voyage party, and to meet their families and friends. I've met few other couples that live in love with each other yet still retain their own sense of self, individual intentions, and purpose. They make you feel good just being near them. While I will miss their presence here, I am excited and very happy for them. You can follow their travels too www.vanvagabonds.com I recommend checking out their website, reading what they have to say, listening to their v-blogs, and knowing that they are who they are, fully. They walk their talk. Their love is a dance. They are beautiful.
Our reality is dictating that we move sooner than we had planned. Though I'm not sure how it's going to happen, I'm taking it all as a sign we are headed in the right direction. Life feels accelerated. Days are screaming by, the garden is producing right on time, I've cleaned and de-cluttered, and the yard is almost ready for our friend's goats to come mow it down for us. The Kid, is processing the loss of her teenage home and ground control center. I knew her initial reaction was going to be painful, and it was. She has since openly offered to help in any way possible, to make this happen for us. At the potluck, when I shared the news of the move, I was given the contact name for the person who helps run the organic community garden and events in the new neighborhood. In yet another serendipitous 'road sign' that The Four Winds are blowing us towards our future...he's our new neighbor.
No comments:
Post a Comment