The Kid and I spent the day at the new place cleaning. I brought a few personal things to start making it feel like ours and she set them up in the temporary spots. It made her feel like she was adding her energy to the new place. There will be more pictures soon, but for those of you that haven't seen an adobe, this window shot should help. It is a molded mud house. The walls are 3 feet thick and everything is softly rounded. It's awesome and feels alive.
The Kid, showcasing her window decorating with our family's Quan Yin. Even in her grubby post oven cleaning-floor scrubbing mode, you can clearly see her fun energy she carries with her everywhere. She's working towards a degree in mental health and I have had the pleasure of watching her in action with clients. She is simply amazing and in the perfect field for her heart and mind. She and her girlfriend, will be adopting our elderly cat when we move. She told me today that she's buying a stroller for him. I laughed... but she made it pretty clear that by giving my beloved cat to them, I was indeed making the best possible choice for the cat's final years of life. He's referred to as, "Little old man baby" now. They have a cat bed for him. This Kid, cracks me up and makes me proud. She's my joy and living proof I made a good person.
So that's The Kid and a preview of our little mud house. Onward.


No comments:
Post a Comment