Ever have one of those days where every word that comes out is wrong? If the words are right then it's the way you say it? It was insert foot in mouth, speak before thinking, and make people angry day here in the grateful house. I never like to cook if I'm mad. I think it's unkind to the people who have to eat it after, believing fully in intention and energetic transfer from me to the food.
Last night being part of the wrong sounding, wrong speaking day...an argument occurred. I could not express anything rationally so I was slightly banshee-ish.
All the time this is happening I'm attempting to finish making chicken soup for dinner, the dog's freaking out over javalinas in the driveway, I'm protein starved, and bitchy....exit dear husband...stage left. I get a bowl, a spoon, and the ladle and serve myself some soup. I forgo my silent gratitude blessing and eat. I spit it back out. Salty, bitter with the wrong herbs, and too much black pepper.
I got it...loud and clear. I was feeling stubborn, bitter, and was heated.
I cried and released some anger then apologized to my poor soup. I strained out the Mexican oregano, black pepper, and tarragon (NOT a nice soup combo), then dumped half the stock. I added water, dill, and some thyme and gently stirred with the warming intention of calmness, health, and peace in my home. The light broth tasted exactly like tears but soon the protein did it's job; I was fed, and calm.
The large bowl of leftover soup sits in the refrigerator. I'm not sure if I should eat it or bury it.
No comments:
Post a Comment