I always like to stop and compare the menu I created with what we've cooked. This week I've only cooked dinner on Monday and Tuesday so far. Last night's trip to the shopping plaza with the In and Out Burger was a set up by my hubby, lol!
In and Out offers the only 'fast food' I've willingly eaten in 18 years. Fresh, never frozen burgers gladly wrapped in lettuce...when ordered "protein style", and served with fresh, real potato and potato only french fries. A nice mid- week treat indeed...also one of the many reasons to enjoy living in "the summer inferno" known as AZ. And we did get a great deal on some holiday lights after we ate.
Never took the turkey sausage out to thaw, so those will get recycled back into next weeks menu and tonight's bison Sheppard's pie...will be Friday's, since hubby has requested my quick baked beans and some fresh German Bratwurst, ready to be eaten as it was bought on sale in October, that "jumped out of the freezer and into his hands" this morning. If I add the leftover roasted veggies from Tuesday to the bratwurst or save them for the Shep pie tomorrow...it should all work out. The chicken will also stay in the freezer for next week, and Saturday has now become, Leftover Night.
If making leftovers is a GF survival tactic...then FLEXIBILITY... is surely another
No comments:
Post a Comment