Monday, December 28, 2009

Flare Up: Menu Interruptus

Ugg. I really did way too much for one person in the last 7 days...like many others I bet. I was in turn rewarded with a horrific Fibro flare up this morning...just 12 hours after the last guest left. I knew it was coming yesterday because I was in Wonder Woman- super human mode. It's almost as though my body knows and prepares me by giving me an energy burst of unbelievable proportions before the inflammatory hormones starts cascading.

I am so very thankful to have made a huge dinner last night for my company. I made whole chicken, simmered in adobo, garlic, onions, diced tomatoes, and green chiles...then shredded it for tacos. I also made seasoned ground turkey, and rice and beans. My hubby finished the last of the ground turkey with some tortillas, and I put the rest of the leftovers in a soup, using the broth from the chicken. Viola...Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup.

I will not be posting a menu this week since I have no idea when the flare up will end. I may just be living off of the soup...until I take the ham bone out of the freezer for THAT soup. Enjoy your week, the feeling of relief that the holiday's are over, and get ready for 2010.
I plan on more recipes in the New Year, organizing for the book, and maybe, just maybe...putting my 38 year old butt... back in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment