Saturday, April 3, 2010

Last Minute Dinner Guests...

...means a new Easter Dinner menu. I'm so happy to have an additional 5 people, but it took a bit of planning late last night. A local dinner for 3 was planned to last second. A local dinner for 8? Not so affordable in our current reality land. I made a few changes: my Most Precious Niece hates peas and carrots, so being the Auntie I am, I had to be sure to please her. My tiny pork loin isn't going to cut it for 8... so that stayed in the freezer and my daughter bought a small ham. MPN, also dislikes ham, so a small turkey breast was purchased and added to the new menu.

Easter Dinner For 8
Honey-Clove Glazed Ham
Roasted Turkey Breast
GF Au Gratin Potatoes w/ sharp cheddar
Honey-Butter Baked Garnet Yam Casserole
Local Asparagus
Local Baby Peas


GF Lemon Ice Box Pie
Fruit Salad
Glutenous Angel Food Cake- Fresh Strawberries- Jello Cake....a family tradition.

I am assuming this menu will change my weekly menu...I'll post my changes. I'm seeing a ham-pea soup in there somewhere, and probably a turkey soup or casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment