My working hypothesis is that I really eased up a whole foods diet in order to eat gluten free baked goods, snacks, and other "normal" sounding and feeling foods. I looked passed some long standing food boycotts, and ate things I haven't in years...just because they were gluten free. I am suffering from the result of a high carb, high glycemic index diet...my very own version of the Standard American Diet I gave up years ago. I'm craving sugar like a drug... even driving to the corner store at midnight to get a bag of MnM's...a good sign I'm eating too many simple sugars. Yep. Said it out loud, so now I have to fix it. First thing on my list is to cross off: snacks...until I can look into buying almond flour next week. It's expensive but very high in protein, low in simple carbs/sugar, and worth every dime.
It's not my meals...it's not lack of good food...it's too many refined sugars, flours, and crap for snack time. It's white rice flour bread. It's sugar, chocolate chips, and an oven. It's frozen doughnuts, and 4 pieces of GF pizza because it doesn't make me sick.
So that's my Humm for the day. I'm following my own advice and eating like it's the first GF week again and eating ONLY whole foods in their natural state for a few days to what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment