The joints feel better today so I decided to make bread while I could. I looked at a bunch of different recipes and a few called out to me. I mixed a few together, came up with my own. Not bad for a first try...still needs some improvement...but I'll post the recipe anyway.
Prepare a loaf pan...I think I have an 8-inch. Lightly oil then dust with brown rice flour. Set aside.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside:
1 cup almond flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup white rice four
1/4 cup tapioca starch
2 teaspoons of guar gum or xanthan gum
1 teaspoon sea salt
In a small sauce pan, heat water to warm, not hot, then turn off heat:
1 1/4 cups of water
then add:
2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1 packet active yeast
Mix well; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl:
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons of veg oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Mix well.
To the dry ingredients:
Add egg mixture, then the warm yeast mixture. Beat by hand until thick and well combined.
Pour into the prepared pan, tent with foil, and let rise until doubled in bulk. Preheat your oven to 350 when the bread is done rising.
Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pan, and bake for another 15-18 minutes. Let pan cool on a rack then turn bread out for further cooling before slicing. Hot...it tasted a bit tapioca bun like. Cooled...yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment